This years edition of the Salam Orient Festival, had its starting event in the Odeon. A talk by PINAR SELEK, türkische Feministin und Soziologin followed by a concert by KADERO & VIENNA RAI ORCHESTER feat. OTTO LECHNER. I first heard Kadero And the Vienna rai orchestra quite exactly one year ago in Porgy&Bess and was just overwhelmed. They are playing north-african (rai) music mixed with jazz. Kaderos voice and the improvisation of the 8-10person orchestra, especially Otto Lechner andAlex Wladigeroff , absorb the listener, the music seems to express itself through the persons not the other way round.
Kadero are not playing many concerts (actually i only now of this on this and another one they did this year). If you want to listen to the music, you can
- wait some more weeks, until, hopefully UNIVERSAL will publish a CD. (Its scheduled for Autumn 2009 (now!!)
- listen to Kaderos solo cd „perdu“. (I didn’t like it so much. For me it lacks the jazz/fusion element that makes The vienna rai orchestra so amazing)
- List to live-recordings on emap fm (search for vienna rai)
- Kadero el Hamdaou(Marokko, Gesang)
- Otto Lechner (Öst./Akkordeon, Keyboards)
- Raouf Kahouli (Tunesien/Percussion) ??
- Michaela Liebermann (Öst./Guitar Electronic)
- Herbert Pirker (Öst./Drums) ??
- Christoph Petschina (Öst./Bass)
- Georg Graf (Öst./Saxophone/Karinetten), ??
- Sigi Finkl (Öst./Saxophone), ??
- Alex Wladigeroff (Bulgarien/Trompete), ??
- Toni Burger (Öst./Geige), ??
A good review on the group (in german)